We’ve all heard of the ever-so-popular detox programs; whether you’re reducing your alcohol consumption, juice cleansing, or simply removing high fat content from your diet, we’ve all been there, we get it. But, have you heard of North America’s biggest detox trend: Teatoxing?
First, let’s talk about what a Teatox isn’t. A teatox isn’t a magical beverage that you can shed and drop pounds with each sip. If you see a company claiming this, question it.
So what is a Teatox?
A teatox is generally a daytime tea and a nighttime tea; both designed to do separate things for your body. The daytime tea helps to increase energy & speed up metabolism, while the nighttime tea cleanses the digestive system and flushes out toxins.
The number one benefit of enjoying a teatox program is that it promotes positive daily habits to help compliment your existing health and wellness goals. This daily habit helps to suppress hunger so that you do not give in to mid-day snacking or sugar cravings, and is an amazing alternative to soda, coffee, or sugary drinks.
- Yerba Mate – well known for providing an energy boost that is gentle, clean and calm. It naturally speeds up metabolism and assists in curbing those mid-afternoon sugar cravings. Bonus: You will fall in love with the sharp focus yerba mate provides as well.
- Lemongrass – boosts the citrus flavour profile while aiding in healthy looking clear skin
- High Quality Decaffeinated Green Tea – loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, this tea has powerful effects on the body which include improved brain function, fat loss and a lower risk of certain cancers
- Senna Leaf – FDA approved natural laxative that gently flushes toxins out of your system, reducing bloating and increasing digestion
- Licorice Root – naturally assists in weight reduction while increasing moisture in your skin
- Rose – contain compounds that improve metabolism as well as clearing toxins from the body which aids in weight loss
- Ginger – this natural decongestant not only assists in your overall health but will also reduce muscle pain and soreness from exercise
Before you dive into that teatox make sure you are fully informed of common misconceptions related to teatoxing.
- Not to be used as meal replacement. This can be very harmful for your body and is not encouraged
- Designed for a 14-30 day timeline, prolonged use can cause dependency. Senna leaf has addictive properties which is why it is important to use a teatox as directed
- You are able to teatox more than once a year and remain healthy. Do not exceed 3 times in a 1 year span
- It is not realistic to expect you can drink a tea and lose 30lbs. Teatoxing is not meant for fast weight-loss, it is meant to promote a healthier lifestyle to amplify the efforts you are doing to promote weightloss.
- When used as directed, teatoxes can be a safe and healthy way of enhancing your current health and wellness goals. We believe in putting your body first, naturally. All ingredients in our Triple Teatox program are natural and free of added/artificial sugars offering peace-of-mind knowing you are doing your body some good.
This is the perfect time of year to dive into one of this years’ hottest trends. Spring is finally here! We are all thinking about summer dresses, bikini’s, the beach and so much more! Why not start developing some healthy habits to keep the motivation/inspiration going well after Summer is over. So, grab your TeaFF and get your teatox on! There’s nothing better than the support of your friends.
Founder & Tea Sommelier