There's nothing more hearty and comforting than a bowl of overnight oats. Our recipe for Turmeric Infused Overnight Oats features our Turmeric Tonic Blend to create a spicy and sweet twist on classic oatmeal.
To create this recipe, you'll create warm milky tea using plant-based milk and a Turmeric Tonic tea bag. The combination of turmeric and ginger will infused the milk and create a rich depth of flavour in your oats.
Turmeric Tonic features ginger, turmeric root, carrot, beet, and pineapple pieces, and calendula petals to create a sweet and spicy blend loaded with anti-inflammatory support.
Turmeric Infused Overnight Oats
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp white chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup brewed milky Turmeric Tonic Tea (see note below*)
- 2/3 cup frozen cauliflower rice (optional)
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
*Note: To make the milky tea, steep a Turmeric Tonic tea bag in warm unsweetened milk (like coconut or almond milk).
1. Add oats, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt to a bowl or divide between two single-serving mason jars. Stir well.
2. Add the steeped milky tea, cauliflower rice, sweetener, and vanilla and mix well. Adjust sweetener & spices to taste.
3. Cover & refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of 6 hours. Enjoy!
Recipe and photos created by Dr. Tara.